Saturday 21 July 2012

Helpful Tips For Successful Home Improvement Projects


Appliance sock yarn by geeyouknit


We've been having some refrigerator issues lately. I've had two repairmen tackle the problem. The first scratched his head for half an hour and rounded out his time telling me about his back spasms. He left telling me I should vacuum behind there occasionally. The second guy replaced the mother board (Even refrigerators have mother boards now. Can you believe it?) in seven minutes and spent the remainder of his time laughing at the first guy charging me for doing nothing.

Last week the good ol' side by side started leaking water on the floor. The sister put on her appliance repair hat and strapped on her tool belt. She makes me nervous when she does this, but I got on the computer, for research purposes. We argue a lot while trying to fix things, and this time was no different. She got pissed when I challenged her chipping ice build-up with a hammer, and I flipped her off when she called me a know-it-all do-nothing. We compromised and decided to wipe up the puddle every two of three days and wait for a real disaster.

Well, the disaster happened this morning. The "puddle" became a stream. Of course no repairman would be available on Memorial Day weekend, so we jumped into disaster mode. The sister joyously strapped on her tool belt, and I reluctantly got on the computer. As I was analyzing the problem, the sister was emptying the freezer, hammering ice, and looking at stuff. Things all came together as I was shouting the suggested resolution to her and she said, "Drain? Wait. I see a drain. Hmmm. Nope. I don't think it's the drain"

I read the Q&As which applied exactly to our problem, while she took a repairman's break. I could tell she was purposely humoring me, so I got up and examined the drain thing myself. She gets a little cocky when I think she's wrong, or when I question her methods. I innocently asked her to find something we could shove onto the drain just to find out if it was clogged, and she said, "Why don't you shove that computer in there."

I was in no mood to fight with her, but she started it. We had gone a round or two when the nephew walks in. He took his usual seat, kicked back, and evaluated the situation.

"I've got a big white pan you could shove under there to catch the water. Cosmetically, it might not match your décor, but it'll do the trick." I was pretty sure he was joking, but he should know by now that the sister takes everything he says as gospel. The sister pondered this for a moment and said, "That's not a bad idea."

Is it any wonder these people make me crazy? These are the same two rednecks who propped up the corner of the old deck with a mop. Sheesh. I won't even mention what the gutter on the garage used to be attached with, but I will say the shed has held up well, considering duct tape is holding the lower back panel on.

So, I carefully chipped the ice around the drain, cleaned it, dried the area and reloaded the freezer. It's dry, the all three dispensers are working, and beyond that, I could care less. I told the two Bob-the Builders we're calling a licensed honest-to-God repairman if it leaks again. I think the sister was a bit disappointed that she never got a chance to use her tool belt, but last time I saw her she was headed for the bathroom. She's been talking about leveling out the dryer. She temporarily "fixed" it a few months ago with some Styrofoam and a 2x4. I thanked the nephew for his advice and told him to save his big white pan for when his refrigerator starts leaking. He said, "Yeah, right. I'm not doing anything like that in my house. What are you, nuts?"

Uh, oh. Gotta go. Someone's messin' with the crushed ice button.


appliance
appliance
appliance
repair of appliances
repair of appliances
appliance repair
appliance repair
appliance repair
appliance repair
appliance
appliance repair
repair of appliances
appliance
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance repair
repair
repair of appliances
appliance repair
appliance
repair
repair of appliances
repair of appliances
appliance repair
repair of appliances
repair
repair of appliances
appliance
repair
repair of appliances
repair
repair
repair of appliances
appliance repair
repair of appliances
repair
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance
appliance
appliance repair
appliance repair
repair of appliances
repair
appliance
repair
repair
repair of appliances
repair
appliance repair
repair
repair of appliances
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance repair
repair
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance
appliance
appliance repair
repair
repair of appliances
appliance
repair of appliances
repair of appliances
repair
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance
appliance repair
appliance
repair
repair
appliance
appliance repair
repair of appliances
repair
appliance
appliance repair
appliance
repair
appliance
appliance repair
appliance
appliance repair
repair of appliances
appliance
appliance repair
appliance
repair

Scripting <b>News</b>: Users will take control

First, who I am. I am a software user and developer. I was a developer for a big company in the early 80s, then started my own company. Sold out to Symantec. Our product, which was a big hit, almost immediately died.

Scripting <b>News</b>: Users will take control

American Family Association <b>News</b> Director Blames Mass Shooting <b>...</b>

You can't have a national tragedy without at least one religious zealot crawling out of the woodwork and spouting off about the downfall of America. And lo, American Family Association news director Fred Jackson is up to the task.

American Family Association <b>News</b> Director Blames Mass Shooting <b>...</b>

Is This James Holmes&#39; Facebook Page? | Right Wing <b>News</b>

Setting aside the news value if this is him and that I'm clearly saying it may not be him in the post, keep in mind I'm not the only guy on the Internet who can do a Facebook search and within a couple of hours, there will be thousands of people ...

Is This James Holmes&#39; Facebook Page? | Right Wing <b>News</b>

No comments:

Post a Comment